WRTLHD Stock News

WRLTHD Stock News

WRLTHD News Feed

Carrie Underwood, The Band Perry and Glen Campbell Among Early Grammy Award Winners

by ABC News Radio
photo's by Ray Tharaldson

'I'll Be Me' Soundtrack Songs WON TWO GRAMMYS

BEST COUNTRY SONG
I'm Not Gonna Miss You
Glen Campbell & Julian Raymond, songwriters (Glen Campbell)
Track from: Glen Campbell, I’ll Be Me Soundtrack
Label: Big Machine Records


BEST COUNTRY DUO/GROUP PERFORMANCE
Gentle On My Mind
The Band Perry
Track from: Glen Campbell, I’ll Be Me Soundtrack EP
Label: Big Machine Records


A few country stars walked away with Grammy Awards presented during the pre-telecast ceremony Sunday afternoon in Los Angeles.

Carrie Underwood won the Best Country Solo Performance award for “Something in the Water,” and The Band Perry took the Best Country Duo/Group Performance category for “Gentle on My Mind.” 

That song is featured on the soundtrack of the Glen Campbell documentary, I’ll Be Me. Glen’s song from that documentary, “I’m Not Gonna Miss You,” won the Best Country Song Grammy. Glen co-wrote the song with Julian Raymond, and it was the last song Glen ever recorded. That song is nominated for the Best Original Song award at the Oscars coming up February 22.

Hunter Hayes and Rosanne Cash were among the presenters in the pre-telecast ceremony. The 57th Annual Grammy Awards broadcast live at 8 p.m. ET Sunday night on CBS.
Follow @ABCNewsRadio

No comments: